Phone: (530) 273-0631
Fax: (916) 504-4328
Address: 15763 Limerick Lane, Grass Valley, CA 95945
INSIGHT RESPITE CENTER is a peer-centered program where guests are treated as equals on their road to recovery. Developing a stigma-free environment is essential to our process. The fostering of self-esteem and self-respect is crucial to the health and well-being of each individual. Insight Respite Center recognizes and supports diversity within our program. Our goal is to strengthen the community as a whole.
The mission of Insight Respite Center is to create a stigma-free, supportive and healing environment for individuals with mental health challenges, who are going through difficult times, in order to prevent crisis intervention or hospitalization. Guests can come to rest body, mind and emotions, and when ready, have the opportunity to build peer support. We maintain a supportive environment so that guests can focus on their personal strengths and strive to gain emotional stability, balance and resilience within their lives. Guests will have the opportunity to work with others toward their recovery and connect to the greater community. Insight Respite is staffed mainly by peer supporters and others with lived experience.
To best meet the needs of our guests, there are eligibility requirements for acceptance into the program:
- Must be approved by Nevada County Behavioral Health
- Must be a resident of Nevada County
- Must be 18 years or older
- Has a mental illness, or is experiencing a first episode or re-emergence of severe symptoms
- Cannot be under the influence of illicit drugs and/or alcohol
- Is medically stable
- Able to maintain personal hygiene and self-care
- Can prepare own meals and clean up following meals
- Can sign and understand documents
- Is willing to follow house agreements
- Has a place to return to once they are ready to leave
Referral forms are available here. Please complete the form and follow the instructions for submission. You and/or the candidate will be contacted to arrange a pre-screen interview.
- 24/7 peer support
- Wellness activities, laundry services
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) development
- Linkage to resources, strengths assessments